The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-11, 05:21 PM
92.08 GB/343.63 GB/3.73

Help, I can't seed!

I tried to put an Ultravox-Torrent on the tracker but it is my first torrent and I did everything as it was described on your upload page! When it was uploaded I downloaded it on my µ-torrent client but nothing happened, Igot three peers but can't seed! It's a shame, what was my mistake????? neustadt (very frustrated)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-11, 05:40 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Help, I can't seed!

neustadt, take a look at this: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...q_wrong_folder It's for Azureus, but uTorrent is very similar.

Old 2007-10-11, 06:44 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

did you download the torrent from the thread you created? you can't use the one you made. We have a passkey system that individualizes the torrents.
Old 2007-10-12, 03:04 AM
92.08 GB/343.63 GB/3.73

Thanx very much, I think I get what was wrong. I have one more question: After I pull the button Submit new thread whats next? I download the personalized torrent and then I have to start it on my client as a torrent which I want to seed? I read your seeding guide but i'm not shure about the steps after I uploaded the torrent on your site! What have I to do at my client? Thanx Neustadt (learning much by doing wrong at the moment!
Old 2007-10-12, 09:17 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by neustadt
Thanx very much, I think I get what was wrong. I have one more question: After I pull the button Submit new thread whats next? I download the personalized torrent and then I have to start it on my client as a torrent which I want to seed? I read your seeding guide but i'm not shure about the steps after I uploaded the torrent on your site! What have I to do at my client? Thanx Neustadt (learning much by doing wrong at the moment!
When you double click on the personalized torrent file that you DL from TTD, it will launch your client. Your client should ask you where you want to save the files. You should save them in the same place as the files you used to create the torrent are. Your client will then check the files to make sure they are the same and you will begin seeding.

If your client isn't doing any of those steps, let us know which client and where you are getting hung up.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble