The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-11-15, 11:57 AM
1.22 TB/1.66 TB/1.35

External Blu Ray Drive for Mac

I figured this would be a good place to ask... I am wishing to buy an external Blu Ray drive for the SOLE REASON of burning the Blu Ray video torrents that are becoming more available on this site.

I have a relatively new iMac, running latest version of OSX, and have bought the blu ray plug in for Roxio Toast. I am hoping all I need now is the burner. Can any mac users link me to a good quality blu ray drive I can easily use for burning blu ray torrents?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this subject has been discussed in other places. I did use the search key, but was not overwhelmed by the response (or clever enough to type in the right magic words).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-11-15, 01:03 PM
305.70 GB/1.00 TB/3.36

Re: External Blu Ray Drive for Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejano Scott View Post
I figured this would be a good place to ask... I am wishing to buy an external Blu Ray drive for the SOLE REASON of burning the Blu Ray video torrents that are becoming more available on this site.

I have a relatively new iMac, running latest version of OSX, and have bought the blu ray plug in for Roxio Toast. I am hoping all I need now is the burner. Can any mac users link me to a good quality blu ray drive I can easily use for burning blu ray torrents?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this subject has been discussed in other places. I did use the search key, but was not overwhelmed by the response (or clever enough to type in the right magic words).
I don't know if this will help you (as I'm a PC user) but I built my own via Newegg. I bought an internal Blu Ray burner/reader and then bought an external enclosure. It took me about 5 mins to put together. This should work for you if you wanted to go that route. It has both USB and Sata outputs. If you'd like links, send me a PM. This was about nine months ago and it cost me about $200 to make. It may be less now.
Old 2010-11-15, 02:38 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

don't have a BR drive, but i've never had a problem with any of my Plextor DVD/CD writers
Old 2010-11-18, 05:06 PM
1.22 TB/1.66 TB/1.35

Hey y'all... I ended up going with the option that HarpuaFSB recommended for me:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other...g/MRF8UEBDW10/

Seems like a great company. I ended up getting a 4TB hard drive from them as well, so I hope they give Harpua his commission.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble