The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-10-19, 07:50 AM
southparkcows
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

hmm will do my best to stay off this list.. comcast seems to have upped my upload, and i fixed some bugs my wireless hasnt crashed my firewall in a few days. hopefully this will bring my numbers up.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-19, 07:22 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Fucking police suck!
Old 2007-10-21, 07:38 AM
Heavy Airship
30.51 GB/88.22 GB/2.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
I think much bigger shame is that most people here don't even drop simple thanks for a torrent. Usually it's not more than 10% of all who download. Strange but on Dime is better...
I know what you mean. It's a bit disheartening when you put a lot of effort into organising and uploading a torrent to find about 25 people leeching and not one comment in the thread! People usually have something constructive to say, they just need to put the effort into typing it out. Grr.
Old 2007-10-21, 11:40 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I wish I could d/l and U/L but because of slow speed dial up I cant.Ive had many people trade with me and do B&P's for me on these threads because I cant d/l. I ,for one, very much appreciate the efforts of those who tape, and those who share. . Thank you all VERY MUCH.Without you guys {and you know who you are} there would be no music or video or sites like this.Thank all of you again for your unselfishness!! To those who leech and dont stay on for others to get the shows? SHAME ON YOU!! Why wouldnt you stay on so others can get it also? That defeats the whole purpose of SHARING!
Old 2007-11-19, 11:09 AM
30.23 GB/34.89 GB/1.15

I want to come out and say hello and point out that my ratio is crap.

I downloaded the huge A/B Road Beatles torrent to the tune of 15 gigs, and then my computer HD crashed and I lost it all!

In my shame I disappeared from here for a while, but found something I wanted the other day and decided to poke my nose in again. I've got several torrents DLed now and they're going to sit there for quite some time. If anyone wants Frank Sinatra PLEASE download it and I will be happy to upload it to you!

At the late-great Demonoid I had a 2.4 with 700g shared, so having a crap ratio isn't something I normally do or enjoy. In fact I feel guilty about it. Even on public trackers I seed for quite some time.

Surely I'm not alone in having a poor ratio and feeling that I've let down the community rather than being an arse about it as some have in this board as I've been reading old posts today.

Just let me say I'm sorry, and thank you.
Old 2007-11-19, 11:17 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Look at my ratio. I dont even have one.Im stuck on slow speed dial up with an antique relic of a computer.I depend on the fine folks who offer vines,trades and B&P's.That is what I would suggest to you {if you dont mind}.Post your list here on TDD {in the proper forum of course} and offer up B&P's and snail trades.There are a lot more of "us" out there than you would think and I know that others in the same boat Im in would greatly appreciate it.That is how I give back anyway.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope to see some of you at Ziggys for the last "Thanksgathering".I am really looking forward to meeting some of you guys!!
Old 2007-11-19, 11:26 AM
30.23 GB/34.89 GB/1.15

For me I'm disabled and doing the whole 'real life' trading thing is a real problem.

I'll get it up in time, I just saw it today and grimaced and felt like going to the confessional

I also need to go through and see what I have that would interest people to upload - the whole 'flac logs, frequency analysis etc thing is daunting as hell to me though. I've got to get my head around it first.
Old 2007-11-19, 11:34 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrh
I also need to go through and see what I have that would interest people to upload - the whole 'flac logs, frequency analysis etc thing is daunting as hell to me though. I've got to get my head around it first.
the folks over in technobabble are awesome for this kind of stuff
Old 2007-11-29, 08:36 PM
Not Toys
2.51 GB/4.17 GB/1.66

bump cause I like that post the second best, and I was being pretty courteous in my requests, well for me.
Old 2007-11-30, 09:29 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Smoke a bowl.It's be better!
Old 2007-11-30, 08:19 PM
40.27 GB/14.47 GB/0.36

I greedily dug myself in a hole before I got my firewall shit straight. But I've just posted a show and am on the verge of clawing my way up to 0.40. So perhaps for now I can hide amongst the mittel-leechers.
Old 2007-12-05, 11:50 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Dead_Head_Josh
(251.63 GB/61.11 GB/0.24)
Old 2007-12-05, 03:17 PM
1.04 TB/6.52 TB/6.25

Last week I tried to help out a couple of leeches on two separate torrents and after 2 days I checked their tracker and they each had over 20 torrents running. I sent a PM and asked them to stay on and seed after they get it, no reply. My torrent client could only give them about 30 seconds an hour of delivery because they had so much going on. I asked them to keep their torrents to about 5 total because the clients works best at about 2 dl and 3 ul, especially with their slow connections I gave them 24 hours to pause or stop most of their running torrents if they want to receive the seed.

And what do you know, they got it and split! Really ticked me off. On top of that someone else jumped on one of the torrents during this and I had to stay and help them seed.

I just noticed while writing this that I have two people wanting a seed from two of my uploads ~ one has a 0.32 ratio and 27 active torrents, the other has a guy with an 0.24 ration and 44 active torrents ~ these guys are going to be waiting a long time for me to want to jump in and help them!

Who knows how many other active torrents from other Trading sites they have open!
Old 2007-12-05, 03:31 PM
1.04 TB/6.52 TB/6.25

Zomb has a concept to increase ratio by donations, they run specials occasionally for every dollar you donate you get 2 gigs toward your ratio. Just an idea !
Old 2007-12-05, 03:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Last week I tried to help out a couple of leeches on two separate torrents and after 2 days I checked their tracker and they each had over 20 torrents running. I sent a PM and asked them to stay on and seed after they get it, no reply. My torrent client could only give them about 30 seconds an hour of delivery because they had so much going on. I asked them to keep their torrents to about 5 total because the clients works best at about 2 dl and 3 ul, especially with their slow connections I gave them 24 hours to pause or stop most of their running torrents if they want to receive the seed.

And what do you know, they got it and split! Really ticked me off. On top of that someone else jumped on one of the torrents during this and I had to stay and help them seed.

I just noticed while writing this that I have two people wanting a seed from two of my uploads ~ one has a 0.32 ratio and 27 active torrents, the other has a guy with an 0.24 ration and 44 active torrents ~ these guys are going to be waiting a long time for me to want to jump in and help them!

Who knows how many other active torrents from other Trading sites they have open!
You know, Staff has talked a bit about this and we are unsure about exactly what to do. I've already gone and tried to cut back on the amount of shows you are allowed to seed at a time (it is set to ten), but if you were downloading and then become a seed, it won't 'kick' you off, so you can actually seed more than ten at a time as long as you keep the torrents going. Some people have HUGE connections and can handle ten, but most people don't do any good seeding ten at a time. It's tempting to lower this number even more, however a big part of me thinks the best thing to do is to educate these users. Some have been educated by coming to Technobabble and reading and asking questions, but unfortunately, the clueless remain clueless and never bother to try to learn.

I hate to say it, but when I've noticed someone who can only download at a really slow rate from me because they are downloading so many other things, I won't seed to them unless I have nothing else I need to seed.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers