The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-03-31, 10:21 AM
245.33 GB/87.10 GB/0.36

Re: Report all ratio issues here

I've taken the past week off of downloading and tried to get my uploading number increased. I have been uploading Pink Floyd's The Wall Divided We Fall 2 Disk DVD. I have uploaded thus far 2.3 gigs approx. and haven't seen the ration change at all. I am using Windows XP home, also using BTdownloader. I hope that is all the information you need. I am rather new to this and just want to make sure people know I am trying (on my half ass connection) to do the best I can in regards to sharing with the community. Thanks for your help.

Andy
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-03-31, 10:27 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Andy, that torrent is on the old tracker and will not update your stats. When you are done seeding the show, go ahead and hit the Contact Us link and let us know how much you have uploaded/downloaded on that torrent and we can manually change your stats.

Old 2006-04-05, 02:36 PM
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21

I just updated from uTorrent v1.3 to uTorrent v1.5

While checking to make sure everything went OK, I noticed this!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTD stats.jpg
( 75.3 KB, 36 views)

Old 2006-04-05, 03:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Black Dog, the statistics 'cleaner' only goes through twice an hour. And, it only gets rid of ghosts if they've been sitting around for a while totally inactive. I just looked now at your stats and you are only showing up once on five separate torrents, so the cleaner has gone through and gotten rid of your ghosts since you posted.

Old 2006-04-05, 03:32 PM
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21

[quote=U2Lynne]Black Dog, the statistics 'cleaner' only goes through twice an hour.QUOTE]

Thanks Lynne......
Old 2006-04-06, 12:34 PM
2.12 TB/2.90 TB/1.36

I found my ratio to be badly broken this morning. Everything made sense prior to then. Could someone else be using my login info to download torrents? Is there a way to check this (e.g., show what torrents are active for my user ID like in dimeadozen's "account details")? I don't know the correct numbers, but the ratio should be about 1.04. Most of what I've downloaded here has been during the past three weeks and totals about 10 GB.

Thanks,

John
Old 2006-04-06, 12:41 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

John, one thing you can do is take a look at your Public Profile (just click on your name) and see what torrents you are shown to be uploading/downloading. Right now it shows you on a Ben Folds Five DVD. Is that correct? As for someone using your login... this tracker is IP based. So, if someone else is using the same IP, then it is possible for their stats to go to you. Do you have a roomate? Or do you have a dynamic IP address?

Old 2006-04-06, 01:06 PM
2.12 TB/2.90 TB/1.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
John, one thing you can do is take a look at your Public Profile (just click on your name) and see what torrents you are shown to be uploading/downloading. Right now it shows you on a Ben Folds Five DVD. Is that correct? As for someone using your login... this tracker is IP based. So, if someone else is using the same IP, then it is possible for their stats to go to you. Do you have a roomate? Or do you have a dynamic IP address?
Hi, U2Lynne. Thanks for the quick response. Correct, I'm uploading the Ben Folds Five DVD. I've been seeding that one for several days to boost my share ratio. I have not downloaded anything new in about two days. I think the upload amount is about right, but the download amount appears to have jumped by several GB overnight (like someone did a "download-n-ditch" using my account?). It looks like the stuff I've downloaded in the last month totals about 10.56 GB.

I have a dynamic IP address but my DSL modem controls the 'lease' and the IP has been the same for months now.

Thanks,

John
Old 2006-04-06, 03:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'll set your download to 10.56 GB. I'm not sure what could have happened to make it jump like that.

Old 2006-04-06, 03:40 PM
2.12 TB/2.90 TB/1.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I'll set your download to 10.56 GB. I'm not sure what could have happened to make it jump like that.
Thanks for that! I feel much more respectable now
Old 2006-04-06, 05:06 PM
0.99 TB/1.05 TB/1.06

if I leave my window open at home and log on to TTD from work (a different IP), my stats seem to remain the same. I've had a few issues with my u/l not being recognized over time, but I never had any exact amounts and since there is no ratio enforcement, I really didn't bother much.
I've kept my windows open and I don't think my full day of upload and even possibly some download is being recognized.

is there a way for me to correct this or should I just avoid logging on froma different IP?
Old 2006-04-06, 05:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You're stats should be updating now if you start the torrent from home, login from home, and then go to work and login. If you name appears in the Peers List, then the tracker knows who you are and your stats should be updating (I made that change to the code about two months ago). If you have stats missing, then you should just hit the Contact Us link and tell us how much to adjust your stats by.

Old 2006-04-07, 06:07 PM
213.96 GB/284.76 GB/1.33

Hi, I'm not sure what is happening. But for the last couple months, when I download shows, only IP address shows, not my ID (mrtgg) and I haven't received credit for "any" uploading. (Downloads either). My ratio should be well into the black.
I upload at least 200% for each download.
Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Old 2006-04-07, 06:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

mrtgg, the reason you are only showing up as an IP address is because the tracker doesn't know who you are. The way to get it to know your username is to logon to the site from the computer you are torrenting from and then start your torrents. That way, your login and your torrents are both are coming from the same IP (computer) and it will know who you are.

Old 2006-04-07, 07:18 PM
213.96 GB/284.76 GB/1.33

Hmm, I always use the same computer and am always logged on.
Are you saying I need to log off then re log on to be identified?
Thanks for the quick response!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble