The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2016-10-22, 12:06 AM
2.43 TB/3.86 TB/1.59

Why do torrents get pulled with no explanation?

Several times recently I have seen a torrent I downloaded end up moved to the "Pulled Torrents" forum, but no explanation has been given why. Just the latest example is "Joni Mitchell 1965-1970 (Off The Record - Early Unrecorded Rarities)". Can anyone tell me why this is? Seems only right for the moderators or whoever to give a reason when a torrent is pulled.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-10-22, 12:47 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Angry Re: Why do torrents get pulled with no explanation?

I think it comes down to lazy mods that can't be bothered to inform people of what they're doing wrong. I've pointed out the same problem. If they would make a post in ALL pulled torrents to explain them, it might go far to educate the uploaders who are newer and don't know the rules....

Looking at that specific Joni torrent, I don't see ANY lineage in the description. That could be a problem! But, thanks to a lazy mod, we might never know for sure...
Old 2016-10-22, 05:11 AM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

Re: Why do torrents get pulled with no explanation?

The explanation has been in the header, I did note the missing lineage in the 'torrent is on hold'-area. It remained there for two days, the seeder (mostly the same in the last few weeks) did not react. Sorry if I did confuse people. In most cases (double uploads, CDR-step in lineages with Silvers, missing information) I'm explaining it in a comment. In this case, it has been an uploader (and well known lineage liar) from which we had to pull about 30 shows in a few weeks for always the same reason and he does not care. It gets boring.

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Old 2016-10-22, 11:38 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Sometimes, the original poster asks for the torrent to be pulled.
Old 2016-10-22, 04:07 PM
2.43 TB/3.86 TB/1.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninvited94 View Post
The explanation has been in the header...
I don't know what you mean by this - I don't see any explanation, but I don't know what you mean by "the header".
Old 2016-10-22, 04:20 PM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

At the upper level of the page, directly over the title of the very thread, there is this small area which says the the thread is 'verified', 'set to questionable' etc. If a show is set 'on hold', we can leave a small message with the problem or the things missing that we need as information. This line should be shown to every user and we get the actual response to this line when the uploader brings the further information needed.

I leave a message with every thread I set to questionable at the top of the page in the said area. I could comment it separately, but it's all written in that line. When a thread is pulled, any further line about missing information is redundant and deleted from the page automatically.

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

Old 2016-10-22, 04:31 PM
2.43 TB/3.86 TB/1.59

So you can't see the information now? Not that helpful to have the explanation available for just a few days, but then have the pulled torrent page still available for everyone to see, but with no info on why it was pulled.
Old 2016-10-22, 04:36 PM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

The thread was pulled due to any missing information about the lineage which the uploader did not offer at all. Usually he is making up some fantasy lineage, mostly the same. Not in this case. And after two days, he really could have done something. It's even possible he circulated mp3-sourced material as he has done in the past. He is quite known for such things. Like I said: It gets boring. An uploading ban for several weeks or even months has been discussed yet.

--

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

Old 2016-10-22, 05:04 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Yes, but, as stated, the temporary explanation in the "on hold" area that disappears doesn't do anything to educate any n00b uploaders after the fact. A final comment in each thread as to the reason why makes more sense, so everyone who looks back can easily see why something was bad and learn from it!
Old 2016-10-22, 05:13 PM
2.43 TB/3.86 TB/1.59

It seems like you could instead put the info in the general comment section; then it would be there forever, and likely not require anymore effort.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble