The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2013-10-12, 10:50 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Re: What's with Hungercity again?

I am unable to donate, make comments, search members, or upload. So I have no dog in that fight. I just hope they keep torrenting The Beatles.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:56 AM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

Ten pages of Beatles stuff at this site, no ratio to maintain.

http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2013-10-12, 10:58 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtiphi View Post
Ten pages of Beatles stuff at this site, no ratio to maintain.

http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php
SOPHOS deemed that site hazardous. Besides, I don't speak Bulgarian. I strongly advise people not to try to open that site.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:01 AM
311.16 GB/932.57 GB/3.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
SOPHOS deemed that site hazardous. Besides, I don't speak Bulgarian. I strongly advise people not to try to open that site.
It's Russian not Bulgarian and it's fine. Have downloaded a ton of blues and jazz which I've never seen anywhere else.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:42 AM
Bugs
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
I'm now demoted at HC from Senior Uploader to Uploader. How devastating. I cried and cried and cried when I heard ...................
I just returned from having perused the HC site log — a thing of beauty.

Old 2013-10-12, 11:45 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun_moon View Post
users smelled very fishy.
Fishy ratio too.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:00 PM
arfarf
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
It's Russian not Bulgarian and it's fine. Have downloaded a ton of blues and jazz which I've never seen anywhere else.
My anti-virus stuff which I would call "picky", raises no red flags for that tracker.

From my unsubstantiated speculation files, I see where a number of the HC staff that I think I can fairly say were part of the "protest group" of staffers, are online at HC, and in at least some small instances, some are back doing their old jobs.
What I don't see is any talk about the "new" tracker that group had mentioned.

The following is my own speculation. It could be that the unhappy staffers are working to "fix" the issues of accountability and reliability at Hunger City.
If this could be done to everyone's satisfaction, having a large and well established tracker restored and running properly may be a better result than having a new tracker try to establish itself, while an old tracker with a sullied reputation limps along.

All, of course, my own opinions and observations. ymmv
Old 2013-10-12, 12:13 PM
Bugs
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfarf View Post
From my unsubstantiated speculation files, I see where a number of the HC staff that I think I can fairly say were part of the "protest group" of staffers, are online at HC, and in at least some small instances, some are back doing their old jobs.
For you to have noticed that, you would have to have been online at HungerCity, yeah? Perhaps they are there for similar reasons. I have not seen any of said staffers "back doing their old jobs," but it is quote possible that I have not spent as much time there as you (I am not asking for a report on whom you feel has capitulated and returned to the HC ranks). I think that there are a large number of explantions for why the former staff members in question would be there — "cleaning out their virtual offices" is one of but many reasons that springs to mind.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:22 PM
311.16 GB/932.57 GB/3.00

Not only demoted I'm now banned. I cried even more ......................

I'd be astonished if any of the staff were enticed back.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:25 PM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
Really! I've been downloading from that site for over 2 years and have never had a problem yet. My comp is clean, no problems what so ever. But just to make sure I also checked the page with several site checkers.

Web Inspector say site is safe.
URL Void says site is not blacklisted.
Virus Total says the site is clean.
Zulu URL inspector say site it safe.

As far as the language goes, there's a little thing called a translator. Its amazing, it allows you to see web pages in your own language!

If anything you should be advising people not to log in at HC, it seems the proprietor is a scam artist!
Old 2013-10-12, 12:27 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Likely the Senior Uploaders will continue the site, in spite of management.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:28 PM
Eriksnow
1.06 GB/1.54 GB/1.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfarf View Post
There is something wrong with the "who's online" thingy at HC, if somebody has visited, it will show that they are online up to 3 hours after they have left

And yes of course I've visited HC after hearing it was up again. I bet most staff members have, that doesn't mean we do any staff work there. It's a matter of time before we get removed from that "staff list", but who cares
I have several connections at HC which I need to communicate with concerning things, and plenty of emails to save. Heck I even have my spare sneakers in there. And it's interesting to see how the site will run now.....how many that feels like uploading there after this last event.

>>some are back doing their old jobs.>>

Such as ? Just curious what you mean

And yes we have a new tracker up & running. Just contact me if you would like to join us.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:29 PM
arfarf
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
For you to have noticed that, you would have to have been online at HungerCity, yeah? Perhaps they are there for similar reasons. I have not seen any of said staffers "back doing their old jobs," but it is quote possible that I have not spent as much time there as you (I am not asking for a report on whom you feel has capitulated and returned to the HC ranks). I think that there are a large number of explantions for why the former staff members in question would be there — "cleaning out their virtual offices" is one of but many reasons that springs to mind.
Yes, I am occasionally online at HC as Bugs speculates. I do not feel, nor did I mean to imply, that anyone had capitulated. I only meant to speculate that an "in house" solution to Hunger City's issues may be in the works.

Last edited by arfarf; 2013-10-12 at 12:37 PM.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:32 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriksnow View Post
There is something wrong with the "who's online" thingy at HC, if somebody has visited, it will show that they are online up to 3 hours after they have left

And yes of course I've visited HC after hearing it was up again. I bet most staff members have, that doesn't mean we do any staff work there. It's a matter of time before we get removed from that "staff list", but who cares
I have several connections at HC which I need to communicate with concerning things, and plenty of emails to save. Heck I even have my spare sneakers in there

>>some are back doing their old jobs.>>

Such as ? Just curious what you mean

And yes we have a new tracker up & running. Just contact me if you would like to join us.
PM sent. I have about 300 hours of uncirculated video looking for a venue to share.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:39 PM
Bugs
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Not only demoted I'm now banned. I cried even more ......................
Access to this website is a privilege, not a right! It can be taken away without explanations nor with any recourse on your part!

Disruptive behaviour in the forums or in the tracker will result in a warning (). You will only get one warning! After that it's bye bye to HungerCity!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble