The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-02, 08:24 PM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Re: I need help finding a port (http://www.canyouseeme.org/)

Quote:
For a Mac: System Preferences > Network > select Built-in Ethernet or Airport depending on what you use > Configure and then you may select Configure IPv4: Manually and put 192.168.1.150 (or whatever you picked) under IP Address.
I tried this and plugged in tons of numbers. Right from the list the pf.com like above gave me. It would give me an error message telling me that was being used by something else. I tried a ton of them.

The router number is whatever you put into your browser window to be able to access it. Most routers use 192.168.1.1 (but not all routers use that one).[/quote]

I still use 192.168.1.1 to access my router preferences but my TCP/IP is now showing 71.127.12.1 for my router when I use DHCP. I don't know.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-04, 02:59 PM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Can anyone tell me the best way to figure out the address associated to my router for my PC (hardwired) and Mac (wireless)? I think that may be my hangup right now. I NEED to get port forwarded ASAP!!!
Old 2007-10-04, 04:22 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

For your PC, open up a terminal (for mine I go to the Start menu > Run > type C:/Command.com, but then I'm running Win 98 or something like that) then once the window opens, I type ipconfig. It then tells me my IP Address: 192.168.1.xxx (this is the local IP that we talk about setting up for your computer), the Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, and the Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (yours may be different). For a Mac, the easiest way is to click on Apple icon > About This Mac > More Info > Network; IP Address is displayed on the right (it will look like 192.168.1.xxx)

Old 2007-10-04, 04:54 PM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Man o man I am getting frustrated. Again I just upgraded my connection and am itching to get this straight. I have done it do many times too. If I have been downloading torrents for 5 years I have been un-firewalled for 95% of that time. I just don't get it. I REALLY appreciate your helping. I have some music I want to see soon but should really get this fixed first.

So I do need a "Single Static IP" setup in my WireSpeed Data gateway?

It shows me...

Quote:
WAN IP Address : My IP Address

Single Static IP is currently enabled for
"my names"Ős computer.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble