The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-04-25, 02:09 PM
269.42 GB/1.05 TB/3.97

Question Seeding same torrent on two trackers

Hi,

My first upload here and already a problem....
I have a torrent running on Dime but want to seed it here too.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=57459

Azureus gives: "Media has already been added as:....."
Renaming the .torrent does not help....

I'm quite sure this should work but obviously I'm missing something.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-04-25, 02:41 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Seeding same torrent on two trackers

Usually the easiest way to do it is to have the two torrents slightly different. Make a new text file that just says "ttd.txt" (it can be empty) and make a torrent with that file in it. Then, the hash will be different for the torrent and Azureus should be fine with it.

Old 2008-04-25, 03:02 PM
269.42 GB/1.05 TB/3.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Usually the easiest way to do it is to have the two torrents slightly different. Make a new text file that just says "ttd.txt" (it can be empty) and make a torrent with that file in it. Then, the hash will be different for the torrent and Azureus should be fine with it.
Thanks for your help.
Since this would need to revoke the already uploaded torrent I decided to start it with uTorrent. Seems to run smoothly now.
Still wonder how to manage it with one client.
Old 2008-04-25, 03:22 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzbw88 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for your help.
Since this would need to revoke the already uploaded torrent I decided to start it with uTorrent. Seems to run smoothly now.
Still wonder how to manage it with one client.
I would think it should be possible to do, however I haven't tried it. We do have a thread here about the problems with seeding the exact same show on two trackers using uTorrent - the list of peers and seeders is off because it is getting info from both. So, you are probably doing it the best way until someone figures out how to do this without screwing up stats.

Old 2008-05-18, 07:10 AM
169.63 GB/3.02 TB/18.21

Quote:
Lynne,
Are you suggesting creating a completely separate data folder (essentially a duplicate) that just has one different text file in it, and then making a new torrent file to seed on TTD?

That's what you mean, right?

Thanks,

km
Old 2008-05-18, 10:04 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moon View Post
Quote:
Lynne,
Are you suggesting creating a completely separate data folder (essentially a duplicate) that just has one different text file in it, and then making a new torrent file to seed on TTD?

That's what you mean, right?

Thanks,

km
She means to copy the show folder, add one text file to it (anything, it could even be blank). Then create the torrent from that new folder.

So, at DIME, you'd be seeding 11 files in the folder, for example.

And at TTD, you'd seed 12 files, including the extra text file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2008-05-18, 10:31 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Use the same folder. Have a folder with all the needed files in it, and make a torrent for Dime. Then, all a new file to the folder, it could be empty or maybe a file only required here, but not at Dime, and then create another torrent file from the folder. So, the Dime torrent was made with only, say 10 files in the folder, then the TTD torrent was made with 11 files in the folder. So, the torrent files will have different hashes associated with it.

It doesn't matter if after you make a torrent file of a folder if you put other files in the folder. The torrent will ignore all additional files put in the folder. The torrent is only concerned with the files in the folder that were there when you made the torrent file.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble