The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2012-06-02, 05:44 PM
48.95 GB/2.66 TB/55.63

Re: Upload stats not being updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd View Post
If you look at that 928 Mb audio torrent that I downloaded in the last 24 hours, I see that I have now uploaded 388 Mb of data from it. My upload counter should now be somewhere in the region of 218.30 Gb, but it is still stuck at the same 217.98 Gb that you noted 24 hours ago.
And if you look at my stats today, you'll see that I've since downloaded a 1.19 Gb Springsteen torrent and currently served up 3.5 Gb of it to other users. In spite of that, my total upload has moved from 217.98 Gb to only 218.00 Gb since I last checked it.

In fact, I think I was actually already at 218.00 Gb before I even downloaded that torrent, so while the accounting against individual torrents is occurring properly (as far as I can tell), the total upload is not being credited with the amounts that the individual torrents accrue.

The fact that the accounting of the individual torrents is being updated with the traffic that I upload would seem to vindicate Transmission as the cause of the problem here. The problem seems to be within TTD, in that the total upload amount isn't being incremented by the amounts that the individual torrents accrue. The inconsistency is within TTD.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-06-02, 06:05 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

transmission has been problematic, for years, from what I can remember.

Some scraping problem in the code which tends to jump versions. Can;t remeber where I read abotu the issues... it's been a long time.

I recommend changing clients... something like uTorrent. Works great with all kinds of tracker software.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:28 PM
48.95 GB/2.66 TB/55.63

As I wrote, though, Transmission is correctly reporting upload traffic to TTD and TTD is correctly crediting the individual torrents concerned with that traffic. TTD is failing, however, to credit the total upload stat with that traffic.

It doesn't have the appearance of being a problem with Transmission, which still works fine with all other trackers and worked fine with TTD, too, until very recently.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble