The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-12-08, 07:37 PM
476.53 GB/1.17 TB/2.52

Question Disable DVD menu/background music?

I've got a DVD I received in a trade months back and I'm looking to torrent it soon, but I've run into a problem. The pre-existing menus have officially released materials as the menu music and I'm hoping there might be an easy way to remove it (I'm picky). Can this be accomplished with a tool such as IFOEdit? I'm not too familiar with it but willing to learn and I'm hoping there's a fix other than reauthoring the whole thing (though I doubt it).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-08, 07:46 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Re: Disable DVD menu/background music?

there's no easy way to disable it... (I, for one, also do not like menu music just as my preference...I especially don't like it if it repeats over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and, well you get the picture )

edit: I also don't like when the dvd is finished playing and it returns to the menu and the menu music plays repeats over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

It is possible to set it so that it plays once and stops for the intro, or for the outro, just returns to the menu without any music (which is what I prefer)...

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2005-12-08, 07:51 PM
476.53 GB/1.17 TB/2.52

Re: Disable DVD menu/background music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
there's no easy way to disable it... (I, for one, also do not like menu music just as my preference...I especially don't like it if it repeats over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and, well you get the picture )
I don't mind it too much, say if it goes with a video used as a background or button, but if it's a static menu I'm not using it long enough to pay attention to it... Either selecting 'Play' or 'Songs/Tracks/etc.' and watching the DVD.

Well, onto part 2 or my question then:

If I do no editing to the .vob files and create new menus (via DVD Lab), someone with the same DVD should be able to use his vob files to help me seed after updating the other files to accompdate my new menus?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble