The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-11-06, 08:20 AM
23.75 GB/28.53 GB/1.20

Desperately need help!!!!

My name is Chris. I have recorded several shows with my Olympus
VN 960PC digital recorder. The files are recorded as .wav files at 22.5kh. I called the Olympus hotline and they told me that I could use Microsoft Sound Recorder to convert to 44.1kh. Is this what everyone else is using?

When I tried to convet(encode) the files using my FLAC front end, level 6,or level 5, it gives me the following warning:
found non-standard 'fmt' sub chunk which
has length=20
unsupported compression type 17

Do I have to convert the files to 44.1kh BEFORE I can use the FLAC frontend to encode the files?

I normally use the FLAC program to convert to music files (from Dime or TTD) and then use the Roxio easy CD creator to burn them to a disk. When I tried to burn the .wav files from my Olympus, the easy CD program says it does not recognize any audio files, even though the icon for each file is the same as every other file I have downloaded from DIME, and the files are all .wav files. I can use the Roxio to create a DATA disk (from the Olypmus files)and listen to the shows on my computer but not a regular CD that I can use in the car. I have audacity but I have no idea how to use it or what to do with it.

I have tried to load up foobar and Nero but I am running WIN 98 and neither of those programs run on WIN 98. Do you have any suggestions on how I can convert the .wav files from my digital recorder so I can upload them to Dime or the traders den and burn them to audio CD?
I have over 100 shows that I have taped through the years and I would really love to share them. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Chris
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble