The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-07-26, 03:56 PM
487.87 GB/1.45 TB/3.03

.500 on most ttd uploads...

don't know why, but i often have files stop uploading at .500 here. don't get me wrong, i have several that have hit above 10.00... just wondering what the deal could be and how i can fix it.
i'll have uploads rolling along @ 20+ kb/s with several leechers when they shut down @ .500...
help????
tia
barley
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-07-26, 05:28 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: .500 on most ttd uploads...

What bittorrent client are you using? And have you checked to make sure that you don't have some 'rule' set to stop seeding at a certain time. I know that Azureus and uTorrent allow you to have those sort of rules set, I'm not sure about other clients.

Old 2006-07-28, 02:55 PM
487.87 GB/1.45 TB/3.03

azureus... i am up to my eyebrows in tutorials trying to figure this out. i can't seem to get my settings right. i'm not firewalled and i will hit 30+kb/s on many shows i'm seeding, but several just shut down at .500 on the dot.
can you help me as far as where i need to go to adjust my settings???
even a good link will be much appreciated...
tia
Old 2006-07-28, 03:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I don't know of a good link, I just know I turn all my 'rules' off. I'd rather manually choose which shows to seed and when to stop seeding.

Options > Queue > Seeding:
Auto Starting - I select None
First Priority - I select 'any' and then 1:1Ignore, Ifnore and then I select Ignore on the next section
Ignore Rules - I input '0', '0', '0', '0.0', and '0'

So, that allows me to decide when to start and stop all my torrents.

Old 2006-07-28, 03:57 PM
498.65 GB/560.92 GB/1.12

I've had something similar happening...
I will download a dvd (i use regular Bittorent client with no rules), then at some point (depending on number of seeders) i will stop the torrent so i can quickly burn a copy, and then i will start the torrent back up...many times (like today & yesterday) the torrent takes forever to kick back into the upload stream. yesterday, i started uploading/sharing the high sierra dvd when i left for work in the morning, and it took five hours before it actually started uploading, but then it ran smoothly at 50+/kbs. but of course i wish it had uploaded all day while i was gone...why the delay?????
today i started uploading/sharing the bill laswell dvd at 8am, and the same problem. Bittorrent identifies that i have the completed torrent on my machine and then it just sits there uploading 0.0 kbs all day so far. and right now the laswell dvd has 8 seeders (which i should be one) and 9 leechers, so my upload should be needed, right? wtf? suggestions?
Old 2006-07-28, 04:11 PM
487.87 GB/1.45 TB/3.03

no suggestions other than upload more laswell if ya got it!!!!
my program burns while uploading so i never have to stop and pick up leechers.
i appreciate the tips U2. i'm about to tinker with my settings (once again) and see what happens.
and the same thing happens with my .500s.... there will be one seed other than mine and 5 people d/ling, but i am sitting inactive...
just strange. i love to share and have about 120 gigs on azureus, but it just won't happen some days...
thanks for the response.
Old 2006-07-28, 04:19 PM
498.65 GB/560.92 GB/1.12

yeah, i can upload and burn at the same time, but i did not know if it could cause errors sometimes, so most times i only burn.
i've done both at the same time with no problems though, so maybe i shouldn't worry about it?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble