The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-12, 08:59 PM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

HELP WITH U/L

ya i just u/l a show and i think i did everything right but after i did my personalized torrent thing it went to my azureus but it is not showing up any ideas
thanks wolf
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-12, 10:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: HELP WITH U/L

You aren't pointing the torrent file to the correct folder. You are listed as a leecher, not a seeder. So, stop the torrent, remove it from Azureus, then add it back in but point it to the correct folder.

Old 2007-01-12, 11:02 PM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

ok i deleted it out of azureus like you said and then what do you mean by pointing in the correct file.i am using firefox and when i hit the download torrent link a window pops up for the download and i hit ok it send it to azureus and i still show up as a leecher.
Old 2007-01-12, 11:20 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Then you must have Azureus set up to always save your downloads in a particular folder. So, you need to move this folder (with the files from the torrent) into that Download folder (before putting the torrent into Azureus again) or else turn off the option to automatically save in the same Download folder all the time.

Old 2007-01-13, 12:14 AM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

ok i don't know wtf going on i have never had this much trouble.like i said before i just started to use this firefox i don't know if that's what it is or what i have done everything you said and everything i thought of if anybody has more ideas i'll try them.

thanks u2 for the help
Old 2007-01-13, 10:50 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It doesn't have to do with firefox. Go into the Options of Azureus. Go to Files and at the top it says "Default directory" and then under there a checkbox for "Automatically download to default directory (No Prompt)" I would guess you have that box checked. So, the easiest thing to do would be to stop your torrent, move the folder that you made the torrent out of INTO the directory listed as the "Default directory" (you will probably have to remove the one that is there that Azureus created when it thought you were a leech) and then start the torrent again and do a right-click "Force Re-check" on it. It will then go through and verify that the files are all complete and then go into seed mode.

Old 2007-01-13, 11:45 AM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

ok that worked but now i am only d/l 99.9% of it whats up with that.

wolf
Old 2007-01-13, 11:49 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

That means that when you created the torrent file, you accidentally left the text file (or another file) open in an application OR you changed a file after you made the torrent.

So, I would close all the files, make a new torrent of the folder, and then upload that torrent. Then, hit the Report this Post button, , on the old torrent and ask the mods to remove it. (This will also put your torrent back on the front page and get people to notice it again. )

Old 2007-01-13, 01:43 PM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

ok i am back i have the family over today crazy.so just put it back through torrent spy again and then go back to u/l page and start over. if i understand this correctly.
Old 2007-01-13, 02:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yes, just start over, but make sure you don't have any of the files 'open' in any application when you make the torrent.

Old 2007-01-13, 02:41 PM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

cool man
again thanks for the help u2lynne

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble