View Single Post
Old 2019-07-02, 12:43 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP

Re: What to do with Windows 7 computers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRC View Post
Why can't you carry on using them?
I assumed that it would be easier to get malware or that some things might stop working with Windows 7. I don't know what those things would be, but I've still got a Samsung GSIII smartphone that I've had since 2013 and some apps don't work on it (e.g. my bank app stopped working after a recent update) so I was kinda afraid that the same thing would happen with my computer.

And for anyone interested, I was able to update my laptop to Windows 10 for free by following the link in the article I posted above:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

I did it while I was at work and it took about 4-5 hours to download and install. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but after a quick look around I don't completely hate it. It doesn't look like there's too much different from 7 except for the way that things are organized.
Yeah, I was hesitant to go to 10, but it really isn't a huge difference. I'm sure there are many features I don't use, though.

My bank stopped allowing access to online banking using XP, which was why I switched to 7, but so far 7 is still working with it.