View Single Post
Old 2006-12-25, 12:53 PM
TTD Staff

Re: DVD Burning Guide

ONES DVD Tutorial

Just install it. Open it.
You will be presented with several options.
To burn DVD's, you will use "Disc Copy", "Record VIDEO_TS", or "Data Mastering"

Record VIDEO_TS: If you have downloaded a dvd or have 'dragged' a VIDEO_TS folder to your desktop, use "Record VIDEO_TS".

NOTE: When using "Recored VIDEO_TS"... to find the VTS file, use the "folder" icon on the RIGHT side with the hour glass on it (Beside the green arrows)... NOT the "folder icon" on the left side (i dont know why its there, but you can NOT use the one on the left to find/add/burn with).

DISC COPY: If you just want to copy a disc, then use "Disc Copy". (it does not matter whether you have 1 or 2 drives/dvd roms).
IF you have 2 drives, just put both the source & target drives the same (which ever your burner is).

DATA MASTERING: If you want to make data disc (w/ text file, md5, etc.), then click on "Data Mastering"...and add the folder with all that info.

NOTE: One thing I've noticed with making datas. If you want to have the disc to be 1 folder with all the text, md5, coverart etc contained with in...you need to have that 'master folder'... inside of a bogus folder on your HD.
When you open the 'browse folders' button to create the data disc you will open the 'bogus' folder on your desktop, then add the 'master folder' at once.
IF you dont have it inside the bogus folder, it will force you to open the 'master folder' and add the items individually. Which is the same thing in the end, but, I think its nice to have it all in 1 folder on the disc.

You will not have to adjust any settings excpet for perhaps your 'source/target drives'.
Yes, it REALLY is that simple.
It will burn any disc that does not have an error on it and uses VERY LITTLE of your resources while its in use, unlike nero.

Last edited by retired; 2006-12-26 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes