View Single Post
Old 2007-05-27, 12:21 AM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
you asked not to have this posted because it has been updated, but you haven't posted it here,
here you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattva
An Important Message From bodhisattva

Posted on: 2007-05-26 20:03:46 GMT (9 hours ago)
Yesterday I made a sitewide announcement that caused some confusion. It was not to disrespect the great tapers of the scene. The message was in regards to a group of individuals who felt they could use source files of the first smashing pumpkins show back to slander the ZOMB for no rational reason beyond the person having a vendetta against one staff member here. The message was open ended and could have easily been misinterpreted. For this I apologize, especially to the good tapers of our scene.. Its not my intention to have members disrespect tapers. We hold respectful tapers in very high regard, and we by no means make attempts to disrespect ANYONE who respects us. But it is my intention to enlighten members about these sorts of actions so we as intelligent music fans can root out these bad tapers. Tapers who spread hatred and lies are scum, and I do not care if they are working hard to spread you free music. They do not deserve respect if they do not give respect!

But I will reiterate the original sentiments, as I stand by these words.

TAPERS who disrespect the ZOMB in their source text files, saying the ZOMB SUCKS will get no respect from the ZOMB. If they have requests in their source text for their show not to be here, yet disrespect our entire community than they deserve no respect and their wishes ignored.

Source text files are not pedestals to spread hatred and ignorance. They are to give information about the taping gear used, the lineage, the songs, and the venue. Nothing more. People can keep their personal opinions about websites out of them, as none of that matters, its collateral fluff and foolish.

We police torrents based on the criteria of format, whether or not something is lossy/transcoded, or commercially released. Beyond that we cannot be expected to police the unrealistic will of tapers/editors of shows. Releasers who believe they can dictate where their shows end up are delusional and we are not going to bow down to the delusions of egotistical, spiteful and disrectful individuals.

The ZOMB respects everyone deserving of respect. We love music, we love to spread music, and we try to be a very user friendly site. Again, I apologize for any confusion this caused, as my message was mainly in regard to two shows that have been recently released.

If you would like to weigh in, positive or negative, please feel free to post on this thread: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/foru...c&topicid=8795