View Single Post
Old 2005-11-14, 12:42 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member

Re: dvd architect 3 help

this is gonna be rough because I'm at work.

file> new project
set to ntsc widescreen, pcm or whatever your want in the end. (remember the bitrate calc discussions prior, you can change the project settings later if you so choose BTW)
right click on menu and add background media.
drag you prerendered mpg onto the menu screen.
should show up an image and text. click on this and one of the options on the right is to only have text. make text read PLAY.
double click on PLAY. on right set media to be your mpg(should already be there) and audio your .wav (because you rendered separately, right )
use the slider at the bottom to hit "M" to set your tracks (unless you already did this in vegas and clicked the retain marker box. I always do this in DVDA and not Vegas BTW)
Once your tracks are set you can go back to your menu page
right click on the menu on the left and select add setlist menu(not sure what the exact words are but you'll see what I'm talking about)
This will add another page with the links you selected before. (setlist page)
you can copy the play button and rename the copied one setlist.
On the right side of the screen are the adjustments to redirect the link to your setlist page.
you will do the same copy and adjust to set up your credits page.
pay attention to your end actions. they set what happens when it ends. Do you want it to go to the next menu, end, go to the beg..., etc.
if you click on play on the right side will be the highlite section. I use a text mask overlay so that when you click on play it turns colors... but doesn't have the rectangle selection box.
you can preview what you've done at anytime with the preview button
when you satisified hit the prepare DVD button.
Here is where you want to make the proper selections to not rerender your video files.

I know it's a lot of info.... that's kinda an overview. I think it will come to you once you've gotten started.