View Single Post
Old 2008-02-03, 01:33 PM

Re: The tracker doesn't show leechers for this torrent..SOLVED !!! (tech explanation please..)

Thank for all the answers. Sorry, I was out of home in the weekend, so I didn't replay the posts, let me explain some uncertainties expresed above:
_ I didn't post a window of the utorrent as was asked by U2Lynne cause when he asked that to me at the next day, the download was finished, no more leechers to show in the window, only the TTD seeders, so at list I wanted to show the BC post.
_ Enable DHT and Share with peers were both enabled in this torrent when the problem raised.
_ I don't care about the ratio, mine is good because I share a lot.
_ I didn't put both trackers in the properties of this torrent, I'm not jocking, is only a technical desire to learn about what happened.

I think that the same way as there is hash value for the files, maybe is the same for the whole torrent (I don't know yet).

When the tracker is down , with DHT enabled, you can share with others peers, no need for the tracker server, your client looks in the internet for other torrent like yours ( maybe looking for a hash value? )
When this happens, you have the X flag for the peers connected to you, meaning it was made with DHT, not with the tracker.
End of my knolewedge...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes