View Single Post
Old 2022-09-16, 08:23 PM

Re: Saving the site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
1. Someone who is a coder who can update the PHP code. Having someone who is also familiar with vBulletin 3 software would be a bonus, but not completely necessary. Also, a little bit of understanding regarding trackers.

2. Someone who is familiar with servers and server settings. Getting a "Connection Was Reset" error? Well, what settings do we tweak? Getting a mysql "too many connections" error? Again, what settings do we play with. I also never used cPanel as a server interface because it cost a bit extra every month. So, someone who can just use terminal would be a plus unless y'all decide to spend the extra money to get cPanel.

3. An Administrator to take over the site. I just really need a break from this after 18 years. This person will be responsible for managing the people who do all of the tasks listed here.

4. Some new moderators. They need a break too. Many of them have been here for the full 18 years also.

5. Someone to handle donations Thank Yous and keep track of server costs and make sure we can pay the bills and is willing to pay the bill when there are not enough in donations.

6. Someone to play with the backend tracker and get rid of all the goofs that get uploaded. Or someone to fix the upload script so that we don't get these goofs uploaded in the first place (I could never figure that one out).
Everyone bitching about the site closing...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes