View Single Post
Old 2005-08-11, 10:02 PM
dare to discover

Re: DVD Video-Files reallocation error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank3si
I was going to post about this, but used the Search and hit this thread. I had similar problems with three DVDs in Nero Burning ROM. When I went to copy the contents of the Video_TSO folder into the to-be-burned pane, I got a message that the VOB and IFO did not agree. It still allowed me to burn the DVDs, but though the images played they had no sound. A third DVD, at the same step, noted that the video file reallocation had failed - this disc just loaded a frozen image.

In all three cases, I was able to use NeroVision Express and load the VOB files into projects and then create my own menus, and the resulting DVDs play and sound fine. So, I guess that's something of a workaround.

Has any one seen this VOB vs IFO disagreement message?

Frank
Damn, I hate to say yes and then not have a solution. But there's a fix for it... let me see if I can remember it. The site it was on doesn't seem to exist anymore. I got the fix from the forum site that went with Savage Jaw and I don't remember what it was called but Savage Jaw is no longer a BT site and doesn't seem to link to the other site... maybe I have my registration email saved... no I don't see it.

It was something like copying the .bup file and changing the extension to .ifo, replacing your original .ifo file. You can always try it. Back up your originals first.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes