View Single Post
Old 2005-06-04, 06:26 PM

Re: Software for Making Matrixes???

I was at the music store yesterday and saw an "unauthorized" audition guide full of tips and tricks. There's a whole forum for CEP/Audition but I don't have the link right now, I'll try to dig it up for you soon I'm sure it will help.

I haven't done a matrix, but basically what you have to do is stretch one or the other (or both if they're both way off) so that they're the exact same length. Then you go into audition's multitrack view and right-click on track one, insert one version, right-click on track two and insert the other. Then you can adjust the volumes and apply fx or even chains of fx (if necessary) to each source and hear the changes you've made in real time. If your cpu chokes you can use the "lock" function or mixdown a small segment to test it. Once you've got it sounding just right, mix it down and play it anywhere and eveywhere... your car, your stereo, your friend's boombox. When you feel confident with it, cut it on the sector boundaries etc and maybe you're the next Winston Remasters. Work slowly, haste makes waste.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes