View Single Post
Old 2007-06-22, 02:13 AM
TTD VIP

Re: No Graphics/Text Scrolls added by author on show footage of DVD-videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
It never occured to me that a taper would tape for him/herself only and not want to share.
That's because you were imposing your values on everyone else. Its a very myopic way to look at the world.

Try walking in someone else's shoes before you decide your motivation should be the one single universal truth for the rest of the world.

Quote:
But if you share it don't expect people to not complain about it.
Complain all you want, I usually don't give a good goddam about someone whining. Ususally I'll offer some cheese to go with the whine.

Quote:
....... it really harshes my mellow.

Woah, Dude, the crux of the matter in one phrase. "harsh my mellow." whew....

Yeah, well, my favorite "complaint" was when some "good" downloader complained that when he first heard the whistle on the 2/28/75 Led Zeppelin show he jumped straight up and spilled his lit bong on his sofa and burned a hole in the seat cushion.

Quote:
Maybe you should "live and let live" at the very troubling thought that someone might sell or alter your recording that you don't own the copyright to in the first place. Hunt them down on ebay definitely, though, I'm all for that.
I don't own the copyrights, never said I did, but neither do I have to give you a copy, right?

Furthermore: regarding E-Bay -- Well, who gives a fuck about E-Bay... I didn't mention 'em. YOU, Tubular, seem to be the one concerned with E-Bay, so you fight 'em. I don't care. (Again it's your value system alone you reflect, not everyone else's, certainly not mine. Fighting E-Bay sellers is like pissing into an electric fan. Futile and potentially messy.)

Quote:
It is a two way street: don't impose your value system on people who don't agree with embedded scrolls or messages.
A two way street? BULLSHIT....You are making a demand that tapers/filmers obey your value system.

If you don't like it, don't download it.....there's the ONLY two way street in bit-torrent land.

That's pretty simple.

If you don't agree....make your own recordings of the shows you want.

That's the only guarantee that you'll get that the end results you want and you think you deserve.

And if it doesn't come out the way you planned, you'll have only yourself to blame.

Quote:
Also, if you don't want to share your recordings, why are you on TTD in the first place?

I trade, I don't upload, nor do I download.

This place is called The TRADERS' Den. It's right there, at the top of the page. This is a site for Traders.

And as far as sharing, I share what I want, when I want. I send stuff to the site owner, and some mods here and there and some other trusted friends, and the stuff goes up that way.

That's my privledge and my perpogative as the taper and owner of the master tape I recorded. I don't own the copyrights but I do own the physical media the show is recorded on.

SO If you want something specific from me, offer a trade. If not, you can complain until you die and I don't care.

But, well, lets say we have different points of view, and we'll live and let live.

Still, I suggest you never bother to download any of the recordings I made, as you will not like 'em, and I wouldn't want you to waste your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!

Last edited by freezer; 2007-06-22 at 02:19 AM. Reason: typo