View Single Post
Old 2007-06-20, 09:57 PM
Tubular

Re: No Graphics/Text Scrolls added by author on show footage of DVD-videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
now if the author taped it him/herself & released it that way - i have no issue.

but to acquire outtake footage / some rare stock & just mess around with it,
to me that is like the person who likes to remaster audio with a standard EQ - then seed out.
I agree with this for the most part, but what if someone filmed something him/herself and then added all kinds of trippy, psychedelic effects, or a box in the corner of the screen with him/herself playing air guitar/air drums along with the lead guitarist/drummer? What seems right to an individual might not be what is best for the rest of the community. If it was the only or "best" video of a show, then there would be people rightly clamoring for a version without the effects. If the effects were added by the camera during filming, then there is not much that can be done to undo it.

If you run an AUD camera or an AUD audio rig then it will be pretty easy to tell if it is yours even if you don't add a signature between songs. This is especially true for a camera, with the unique angle of the filmer, the timing of the zooms and the wobbles of the camera. Unless someone runs very similar gear in the same location as you with the same settings, then your audio tape will sound different than someone else's.

Should this site and its seeds be specifically geared towards thwarting ebay sellers, or should it be geared towards the people who advocate and practice the free and open exchange of unreleased live music and the maximum enjoyment of said material?