View Single Post
Old 2005-04-16, 03:08 PM

Re: More about offsets?

Ah, thanks about mentioning that EAC logs had the offsets, I didn't know that.

Anyway, I checked all of my old bootlegs, and I've found a lot of variation. Some had '0' as the offset value, while many others had incorrect values (I found the name of the drive in the log file, and then checked the AccurateRip database for that drive, and many boots had an offset value that didn't agree with the value in the database. For many of these drives, the AccurateRip database had many submitters confirm the correct value, so the person who ripped the disc must have had it wrong). Maybe EAC tries to guess a value in some cases? Also, there were a number of boots whose value did match the AccurateRip database, I guess those are the most accurate. Also, a number had "Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : Yes", while most had "No". What's the difference between that?

Anyway, I think maybe that AccurateRip database link should possibly be stickied somewhere or linked in the FAQ. I think some newbies are reluctant to start off with EAC because of the need to configure it, and the offset part was a little lengthy and confusing. With the AccurateRip database, it's as simple as copying and pasting the number and that's it, so maybe more people will take advantage of that feature.

And maybe we could get some of the more advanced users contribute to the database to save time for newbies
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes