View Single Post
Old 2009-05-23, 01:29 PM
TTD VIP

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
I get a lot of instant gratification with my right hand, and man, is she good. Better than her less skilled sister, the left hand.
Well, at least you have something to do while patiently waiting for a train that isn't gonna be pulling into the station.

Quote:
Torrenting is also a very good thing.
YOUR opinion.

Others feel differently.

The mileage varies, don't it though?

For every positive you see in making music trading more impersonal, there are the same number of negatives.

(For example, not forcing collectors to at least considering to add something new and unique to the trade pool for every something they take. Consider the number of shows NEVER recorded by giving out free rides to anyone with the means to grab and go.)

Quote:
I wonder if, tech speaking, torrent is the last and final word on distributed file sharing, or if some new revolutionary approach will be developed over the next few years.

to self
Garbage in, garbage out.... (lying about lineage, hit and run collectors, passing around high gen copies because it's just too easy to grab and run, "re-masters" of high gen crap copies --because they're from "silver pressed bootlegs" -- supplanting low gens or master copies ....ect etc etc)

Garbage in, garbage out....

New delivery systems don't ensure that what you grabbed is actually what some good "seeder" says it is.

New delivery systems don't ensure the best version, just newer and quicker forms of instant gratification of garbage copies also.

In the almost 5 years that I've been supplying TTD with copies from my master tapes, I'm noticing a new trend: "good" collectors re-mastering my tapes and fucking up their remaster, then circulating it without all the pertinent info.

The NRPS 1976-05-30 recording I made and had offered at TTD first is now making the rounds in an altered form, that is now corrupted.

And that corrupt copy is supplanting the original unblemished master.

Imagine that: someone had to 'monkey' with a master tape for NO other reason than to put their name on it.

A different torrent site is now passing around an mp3 version of something that was first offered here from my master in lossless format.

Imagine that: someone took one of my masters from this site, converted it to mp3, then someone converted that back into analog, then someone turned that back into a digital format.

I eagerly await that version to make the rounds here.

Garbage in, garbage out..... but at least someone else got to add their name to the recording as the "re-master-er" while removing the taper's name and other info.

Don't you just love it? Garbage in, garbage out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes