View Single Post
Old 2004-12-16, 06:35 AM
Renegade Geek

Re: Audiophilia - The shntool frontend, v0.0.1 released, alpha testers needed

Update for anyone still tracking this thread:
I have spent the past week learing about and transferring the project over from Visual Basic to Delphi. Basically, in typical Microsoft manner, a program compiled in VB requires the end user to have this framework installed on their system. The issue Bowman and jcrabb reported was due to them not having .NET on their system, and I refuse to ask people to download this monster 20MB patch just to run my software.

So, it's being converted to a Delphi project that will run on all Win32 systems without additional dlls. This has taken quite a bit of time, as I was totally unfamiliar with the language before. But, as of last night, I have been able to recreate what had previously been accomplished with Audiophilia in it's new version, and quite a bit more cleanly than before.

So watch out for 0.0.2 at some point this weekend. It will not have any added capabilities compared to 0.0.1, but should run on everyone's computer without a glitch. Once I know it works on all systems, I'll start adding all the different functionality to it.
What's never been,
At the ending of life and the coming of death,
Pass not through its gates but into the dark.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes