View Single Post
Old 2008-10-03, 12:32 PM

Re: Need help getting first upload to work!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Just saw U2Lynne's posts. Yes something like that would help!!

Let me ask something else though - I saw it in the original guide and see it mentioned now by U2Lynne - the bit about "superseed mode".

I never heard of that before and just ignored it (there is too much to absorb with all this).

So now I went and did a look in the HELP for my client (uTORRENT) and found this:

"How do I enable Initial Seeding (Super Seeding)?
You can enable it from the torrent job properties. If you are not the only seeder in the swarm, you should not enable Initial Seeding."

So I then went and looked at the properties for this torrent. And in there there is NO MENTION of anything to do with "super seeding". Does anyone know how to set this in uTORRENT? I can see something called "initial seeding" under "other settings" but I don't know if that is the same thing or not. Also, if this is the right thing, should I have this turned on for all torrents that i am the original uploader of, then turn it off after others have joined in?????? And if that is right, how is it possible to stay on top of that to turn it off??? Wouldn't you have to keep a close eye on when others have downloaded everything and then switched to seeding themselves???? I don't see how it is practical to do that.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes