View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 10:05 PM
Tubular

Talking Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular View Post
I read about this ingenious method to seed a torrent if you can't normally seed one because of an ISP preventing it:

-Create the .torrent file as normal, with every file that goes with the show
-When you seed the show, move one file (like the .txt or .ffp file) from the show folder to a different location on your hard drive. Everyone will get to 99.9%
-now that everyone is at 99.9%, remove a different file from the show folder, but add the missing original file
-Voila! everyone completes their download, and you have never shown more than 99.9% complete

revised:

-Create the .torrent file as normal, with every file that goes with the show
-Before you seed the show, move one file (like the .txt or .ffp file, I'll call it file A) from the show folder to a different location on your hard drive.
-Start seeding; lots of people will get to 99.9%
-Now that lots of people are at 99.9%, stop seeding the torrent (hit the red square) and remove a different file (I'll call it file B) from the show folder. Add file A back into the show folder. Before you start seeding again, make sure your client is set to not download file B, as this would make you a seeder and then you might not be able to seed out file A
-Resume seeding, and voila! everyone completes their download, and you have never shown more than 99.9% complete

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes