View Single Post
Old 2005-07-10, 06:45 PM

Re: HDTV Seeding Issues

well this is a new one... you want to break the TTD seeding rules to offer something of even higher quality? I don't really see a problem with that other than there's maybe only three ppl here who would know what to do with it and you'll have a 7-page thread of ppl asking "how do I play this?" I could be wrong, maybe lots of ppl will love it and understand exactly what it is and how to play it.

I got a old video card from my roommate and I tried ripping a VHS tape I have with virtualdub. The maximum framesize I could get was 320x240. I captured the audio in wav and the video in Huffyuv lossless which cuts the size in half. The resulting raw avi from that was 20 GB. At 720x480 I guess that would be around 39-40 GB. Maybe I could zip or rar that and bring it down to 30 GB and seed that. Now that's lossless as it gets from VHS. I don't know if anybody would really want these monster files... I crunched it down to a 1.5 GB xvid .avi and decided that next time I do something like this I'll have to get a better capture card and try making a DVD.

Anyhow, if you want to seed HDTV in the native .ts format I'll vote to allow it here just to see what happens.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes