View Single Post
Old 2008-04-27, 04:07 PM

Burning software question

I have a bunch of avi files I want to convert to DVD. I am a looking for what software would be best for this.

I usually use ONES to burn DVDs but I don't think I can do the conversion thing with ONES. I have a new computer running on Vista. Everything I have read about Nero 8 (only Vista compatible verson) has been very negative. And with Windows DVD Maker there is major problems with the aspect ratio. All movies are stretched for some reason (think old Westerns or old VHS tapes.) There are complaints, and really no solutions, to this, all over the web.

I also have SmartSoft Video Converter Pro. With that, it did the conversion (took forever) and burned the DVD (with DVD files), but I do not have menu features and if I try and skip to the next chapter the DVD stops. Otherwise plays fine and I can use the seek button. Not sure but maybe doing something wrong there.

Any help with the SmartSoft or any suggestions on software or program to use to do this conversion (avi to DVD) would be greatly appreciated.