View Single Post
Old 2006-06-09, 09:05 PM

Question When done is not done

I just changed computers, sort of. I started using a Mac dual 1ghz G4 as my main machine, but I'm still booting off of my Mac Mini. When I restarted my torrents, I started getting frequent errors saying "Critical: told file complete on start-up, but piece failed hash check" and "Critical: data corrupted on disk - maybe you have two copies running?"
I haven't altered or moved any of the files. They are all located on the same HDs that they were originally downloaded to. I've also downloaded a few new torrents to the HD on the "new" machine successfully. I have gotten these errors on torrents located on all three of my HDs (two of which are fairly new). Piece 457 of Dave Chappelle 4-14-04 late show failed hash checks 25 times before it was properly downloaded. This was after it had finished and was seeding. I've had to restart the KVHW Sebastapol a million times. It's said 30 days to go for days now -- thanks for hanging on goodkarmec. I had to redownload pieces of a few other completed torrents too.
Is this normal? Is there some common reason for things to be behaving like this? Even though it's a different computer -- a far better one -- I'm using the same OS 10.4.6 system (booted from the Mini in target disk mode) that I've been using since starting to download torrents a month ago. It doesn't make sense to me that it would be so different. Any ideas about what's going on here?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes