View Single Post
Old 2007-10-11, 11:45 AM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Greetings. I have a head scratcher, and I'll lead off by apologizing if my issue is addressed in any of the previous 29 pages. If it is, please let me know, and feel free to chastise me for my laziness.

I've had great success with TLH, and I don't _think_ it's the root of this problem, but I don't know where else to go. I downloaded the following errorfree: Dortmund 06-17-80_Ezytouch Remaster.torrent. All the files verified, and seemed to decode w/out any issue (multiple times by the time I threw up my hands). It also was importable to itunes, and plays on an ipod.

However, when I tried to burn (some version of Nero- I apologize, I'm at work), after burning other disks, I got an error about file format. The files extensions were all .wav, and I didn't see anything elsewhere that looked fishy. I also tried a couple other burning programs I have kicking around on my HD (an older Roxio, the freeware Burnatonce) with the same result. The attempted burn was rejected, and the disk spit out.

OK, here's where I think TLH comes in: there are comments in the torrent thread about converting from 24 to 16 bit (or vice versa), and a commenter mentioning that their files are just noise, so I'm thinking that I need to do this conversion to get disks burned, but I'm at a loss as to how to do this. Doesn't seem doable in TLH, unless I'm being really thickheaded.

I'm sorry about the length of this, but I wanted to provide adequate info. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes