View Single Post
Old 2005-08-18, 07:29 AM

Re: Report all ratio issues here

I've got a ratio issue too. Nothing to really worry about, but then again, it is a bit strange to me.

I only downloaded 1 torrent from here in the last 2 months and thats the "U2 2005-05-09 Chicago IL - 3 cam DVD (NTSC)" torrent. (I also use U2torrents.com and DAD)
Bacause I'm not a taper, I've made a habit of uploading at least 2 times more than I download. So I did on this torrent. Yesterday I stopped seeding it, because I choose to use my upload for another torrent on DAD that needed another seeder: a Sufjan Stevens show.

Right now my official TTD stats are as follows:
4.16 GB/9.80 GB/ ratio 2.36

Strangely, my client (Azureus 2.2.0.2 on a Windows XP SP2 machine) had the following stats:
4.16 GB/10.56 GB/ ratio 2.54

So the official TTD stats misses a bit of my upload. Nothing to really worry about. But then I checked the torrent details page.
The details stats on the torrent itself displayed just before I stopped seeding exactly the same details as my client had:
4.16 GB/10.56 GB/ ratio 2.54

So it looks that the tracker knows how much I uploaded (the stats on the torrent are correct), but somehow some of the upload has been lost in the stats for the overall ratio. That's a bit strange to me. It looks like the torrent stats are good (because they were the same as in Azureus) and that somehow the official TTD stats are not. Somehow, the overall TTD stats aren't the same as the cumulative torrents stats. In my case, both should be the same, as I only downloaded 1 single torrent. And the systems seems to work fine with the downloads, because only the upload size isn't the same on both stats, but something isn't working properly on the upload stats.
Is something wrong on the overall stats, or is it something on my pc (but why are the client stats the same as the stats of the torrent?)

That's the main reason I report it, just to make sure that the ratio system works, and that all (not only me) are credited with their correct upload.

I hope this helps, and keep up the good work. Sites like this are really what sharing music is all about!

BTW, I've got a sreencap of both stats, just before I stopped seeding, it has both stats in one. Can I mail it to you, or PM it? I tried to attach it to this message, but I got a messag that is was too large. Maybe I can resize it, and add it to this message later ..
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes