View Single Post
Old 2008-03-26, 12:46 PM

Re: Problems burning dual layer DVDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewa311 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/22/m...ready-in-july/

this is more like it!

just wait for the 100 GB discs, 5 years and all you chumps will be kicking yourself because no one will remember DLs, but you'll have a full library, kinda like 8tracks!

theres a time to jump on the bandwagon, ive realized its best to chill and wait for the technology to catch up with itself

Read the date in your link. 2006-06-22! That link is HD-DVD which is already dead. Blu-Ray blank prices will drop as the market develops. Of course there will be something to make every format obsolete at some point. Cassettes made 8-Track a dinosaur but now who uses cassettes? You can't always "sit out" and wait for something else to come along.

Do you buy any movies on DVD? Those are DL, why waste your $$$ when those are already surpassed with Blu-Ray soon to be outmoded by something down the road.

I will not wait 5 years to upgrade from DVD5 to a 100GB disc. I have no problems with DL now, sure I wish blanks were 25 cents like DVD5 but I don't like people compressing 8GB shows with DVD Shrink to fit it on a DVD5 because they a cheap SOB.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes