View Single Post
Old 2005-08-28, 08:50 PM

Firewall Frustration

Well ive been locked into this computer for over several hours trying to figure out how to open ports 6881-6889 for my bit tornado client using the guidelines of portforward.com. Needless to say im riding the thin razor of INSANITY!!
My confusion right now lies in that my "cmd" prompt > "ipconfig/all" depicts my IP Address as: 192.168.15.xxx

This is for my Linksys Router Model:RT31P2 which I use for Vonage phone company. Initially I was looking for the IP address associated with my internet connection RCA or Thomson Model: DCM425 but "portforward.com" did not offer that as a router option. Is that in fact the router I should be paying attention to?

Next I used the site "whatismyipaddress.com" to tell me my IP address it it states that it is 67.174.110.xxx so which is my IP address?!

Ive gone to my linksys router and opened ports for Bit Tornado 6881-6889 under application and gaming port forwarding. Next I have gone under my WinXP firewall and made exceptions for port 6881 through 6889 individually. I even turned the firewall off but the yeller light is still on. I can see in my client that im only connected to leechers and not a single seeder. so im just trying to rectify if anyone can throw me some suggestions.

Right now Im using 67.174.110.xxx for the IP address in my BitTornado "advanced Prefs", however when I check the statistics for the torrent im identified as 192.168.15.xxx (red6881). On top of that my username isnt attached to my stats while everyone esle has, whats up with that. I dont know maybe that is another clue as to what im doing wrong. I would appreciate anyones insight.

I want to know if im wasting my time playing around with the linksys router and if i need to focus specifically to the internet broadband connection.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes