View Single Post
Old 2007-06-01, 01:13 AM
spiritinaphoto

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
as long as there are people stranded on torrents, there are opportunities to improve the ratio...FWIW the uploader of the JGB 11-12-91 is having to reload the show to help a friend get it because 7 are hangin...there's always room for improvement...maybe it's true that EVERYONE may not be able to make a 1.0, but there's enough to go around that everyone who WANTS to have a 1.0 can obtain it...some need to try harder than others (based on upload speeds) but it can be done...just my opinion...again I don't care if you do it or not...but it CAN be done
I think Lynne needs to find that mathematical proof for you. Let's say everyone wants a ratio of at least 1.0, but there's several people with share ratios significantly greater than 1.0. The only way everyone could get a 1.0 (or very close) would be if the people with higher ratios would leech a bit to drop their ratios, which I don't see happening (people with "good" share ratios tend to be very defensive of their ratios and don't like to see them drop).

I suppose I must be one of the rare people with a "good ratio" who is actually concerned for those lesser equipped sharers.