View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 10:34 AM
TTD Staff

Re: md5 / text file database?

Hey chewie, I think what you are seeing as people getting 'worked up' is actually people not fully understanding what you want. I think I understand what you want...

You want a place that keeps track of all shows, not just ones seeded here, both audio and video (unlike etree which is only audio) that will have the text file and fingerprints/checksums. That way, if you have the fingerprints, you can easily find the text file for your show, or alternately, if you have the text file, you can easily find the fingerprints/checksums.

However, as I mentioned above, that could end up being quite a project and quite a database. I do think it's an interesting idea, but I don't know if it would be best to have it a part of TTD. I think it would be great as it's own separate site though. I also don't think it would be too hard to set up a database or code it, however I know I have no time to take on something like that right now.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes