View Single Post
Old 2008-07-29, 04:22 AM
roomful

Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
Wrong.By law once you have bought media.You cannot re-sell.Same with VHS's etc.All should say somewhere.
I don't know what the law is in the UK, but on US media (have an official DVD right in front of me) the notices are for unauthorized reproduction (copies) and sales of copies.

Quote:
Although everyone does at second hand sales when they don't want them anymore/have no need for them anymore ,on a legal step ,once bought you are breaking the law re-selling.
Really, all those indie record shops (and ebay) that buy/sell/trade all kinds of used official vinyl, CDs, and DVDs are illegal, but the law is somehow never enforced?

Quote:
The logos are on film screeners because they are given free to people to review, for TV shows and newspapers etc.(promotion purposes).They are still the property of the movie company.
It doesn't have a copyright until it's a general release of fixed work ,be it cinema or shop sale.
Uh huh, and they also put the logos there so that a pristine version doesn't get bootlegged before the official DVD comes out.

Quote:
So i'm with Five..

K_K
So what?