Thread: MMM Records
View Single Post
Old 2005-08-22, 03:27 AM
Non Serviam

Re: MMM Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
I've forgotten what the hell the actual audio is now... is it worth all this?
No, it is not. Sorry for the blow-up, but I was just trying to carry on a simple conversation on this show, and multiple "quack quack" replies are not on topic, so there is just too much noise to converse. Also maybe this forum should be reserved strictly for audio analysis and not rehashing the ridiculous Zappa wars that have been going on since since the days of alt.binaries.*. I started a "ninja documentation" thread in the past regarding his STG seeds, it is buried on some firewire drive somewhere, so maybe Zappateers would like to archive that if I can dig it out. For my part I think, here, let's just post the SGs and FAs and discuss what they mean, and what processes may have created any anomalies.

I will try the experiment with VBR using a couple of different codecs and then notch them like this show, then compare before and after and with this show. I'll post it under a new thread in the near future. Since those blocks above 16KHz are of different blocksize time intervals, I am thinking that this is the VBR signature to look for, so it would be good to verify if this is true, and dig out what information we can on the various codec algorithms, like minimum block size.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes