Thread: SBE in FLAC
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-13, 03:31 PM
alchemy71085

Re: SBE in FLAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
Cdwave, EAC, CEP/Audition & Audacity (Goldwave also, but it adds some small amount of dither to all of the audio for some reason) are all progs I know of that can split on sector boundaries perfectly (if you know how to do it right). using a calculator, any wav editing prog that displays sample counts can also do it.

I still highly recommend fixing the SBE on the final track, it is such a little effort and it is so nice to see "there are no sector boundary errors" when looking at audio file details instead of seeing that there are errors and having to squint to see where they are. Don't be lazy!
I have all of the programs mentioned and I used Audacity back in July when I wanted a clean and complete version of the Pink Floyd Live 8 performance (before I knew it was going to be an official release). I took my hi-FI VHS tape of the VH1 re-broadcast and did a proper audio rip using Audacity for all of the capturing and track edits. And Audacity but a sizeable gap right between tracks 1 and 2, and I had to re-do the whole thing all over again.

Alright, I think it's pretty important to fix all of the SBE errors, but what would be the best method in that case, can I just use TLH, or should I use the shntool to pad the end of the last track?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes