View Single Post
Old 2007-01-14, 05:50 AM

Unhappy Extremely slow d'load speeds

Im trying to download the dave matthews band 2006-09-15 dvd posted by tbrown4 and it is taking forever. I realize that there are other people downloading this show as well, but I really think I should be getting speeds faster than 1kb/s, according to the info page, there are 9 seeders on this show, and I have gotten shows faster with less seeders. I have the latest version of bitTorrent, and practically a brand new computer. I have played around with the upload and download rates, and still nothing. At this time, it says I have 130 days left. Im not firewalled, and also don't have to go through a router anymore. Could it possibly be that I have to change my ports to something other than what I had them set to when I was port forwarding? Also, could it be the bit torrent client itself? The samething happened while I was downloading the dmb2006-07-01 dvd the other day, but luckily it picked up a surge somewhere and only took about 2 1/2 weeks to finish. My internet conection is 3mb cable, before I had basically the lowest possible cable connection that you could get. If anyone could shed some light on this for me, it would be great.

Thank you