View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 07:20 PM
Long Distance Runner

Seeking advice dealing with internet provider...

I am new to using Bit Torrent technology. Since September, I managed to get ABC "client" set up. I have all the software rolling and even manged to get my firewall open. The problem is that I just got a note from my internet provider. They say the activity is too great on my account. They give me a link and ask me to sign on so that they can tell me what is acceptable. They also want to understand how come I have such high usage. Are they going pull the plug? Is there an intelligent way for me to handle this without putting my foot in my mouth? It seems they are hip to file sharing and already they gave me another link to explain how this is not good for my computer.

I trust you guys way more than I do the cable company. Any suggestions in handling this is going to help me. At the end of the day, I have to be connected to the internet for my work, so I have to deal with someone to stay connected. This is a small town in Canada, so I do not have lots of choices. I would also like to keep the music rolling. Any suggestions (please)?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes