View Single Post
Old 2008-03-01, 10:47 AM

Re: Your system has recovered from a serious error

I'm trying to put a nail in the coffin now, please excuse my bad english (it can get bad from time to time... :P)

First of all, I'm posting here since this is the most "popular" link when you google your "CRT invalid display type" problem.

I have an old Dell CRT monitor and the Radeon 9950 graphic card

Now, they are saying:

"Symptoms:

When a digital panel connected to the graphics card the Windows system log will show the error CRT invalid display type, the source is ati2mtag. This occurs with Catalyst 7.7 and higher

Solution:
This error will not cause any issues to the system or performance. If you do not want to see the error, the workaround is to install Catalyst 7.6.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating. Any updates will be published when they become available."

One word for that: BULLSHIT!

Sorry for the bad language...

The thing is that with Catalyst 7.6 you'll have the same problem! And the only way to "workaround" this is installing the oldest Catalyst driver you can find, I personally tried 5.11 and it worked just fine... So that's done, you solve the problem, but maybe you would like to read a little further, just for your general culture...

They all want you to buy them new products!
So as your hardware is getting old you will find it more difficult to find "official software" for it on the official sites! Just as you can see in this case, the hardware is incompatible for like 4 years now and they don't care!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes