View Single Post
Old 2007-11-27, 05:09 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: mp3 format?

There's no intended hostility, I'm just stating the facts of the rules of the board, and some reasons why 'eMPty3' files are (IMHO) bad, antequated, outdated, and should be left to the mid 90's...
There's a difference between how I'm a little cheeky when I've said not to "pervert" to "eMPty3" files, even for your own personal use (I thought that was funny and tongue in cheek) as once you grab any files that are gray-area as far as copyright (ie: not commercially available) they are really yours to do with what you want. They are fair game to transcode to wax cylinder for all the taper/sharer has any right to say what you do with them.
From what I've seen at TTD, this is the cream of the crop, as far as known lineages of shows, and that there's no lossy files at all permitted (and people check - it's easy to tell). Like I say, there's plenty of places to share those lossy files you so crave. Just not here.
It's not a legitimate question if you had read the FAQ about this site. It's pretty clear when you read up about TTD, that it's "NO LOSSY" policy is in the mission statement.
No offences meant at all, and I hope you stick around to grab some good pure music here. If you're going to pervert and re-post the stuff you grab here as lossy files somewhere else, I wouldn't spread the word of that here. I think the majority of folks here are anti-eMPty3.
Of course, really, if you can't make rockbox firmware work on your little music portable player so you can play flac files directly, you can make the files lossy for your own personal use so you can enjoy them. It is more than frowned upon to let those files get into future trading circles.
Is that a legitimate answer, or am I being too hard on him / you?