View Single Post
Old 2010-08-09, 08:54 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff

Re: TTD Staff: Why don't you follow your own rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonk View Post
I wonder if any of the dumb ass mods in the place understand why this taper/trader wants the torrent taken down?
Other than that his demand in the menu was ignored, I haven't seen a reason stated. And barring unusual circumstances, it wouldn't make any difference.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/..._taper_removal

Quote:
I'm the taper/author/filmer and I want that show removed!
Our policy here is similar to that at a major torrent site. The rights to the audio/video belong to the performer. Once that show gets out of your hands, you don't have any control over what is done with it. If someone uploads a show that you taped/filmed/authored/remastered, you may ask the uploader to remove it ONCE (any other requests may be deleted at the discretion of the Mods), but it is up to them whether they want to ask us to remove it. However, that doesn't mean that show is permanently banned from here. Someone else may end up uploading it and not feel like asking for it to be removed.
The official music over the menus doesn't get an automatic ban here like at some other sites. The NYCBC trick doesn't work here.

Bottom line is that if you don't want it circulating, don't let it out. Once it's traded out, it will end up as a torrent somewhere. The uploader had a copy to upload, so it was circulating already, even if not torrented yet.

And if there was no intention to circulate it, there would have been no reason to place any request to keep it off the internet in the menu.

I understand the issue. I have shows you'll never see on the internet, because they'll not be circulated, period. Those go only to a couple trusted other tapers & a couple close friends. If you trade it, it's gonna make the rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.