Thread: Tascam DR-2d
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 01:19 PM
pretty when I'm drunk

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Tascam DR-2d

picked one up, used, for the price of a new one (a hunnert bucks, but I haven't paid him yet...SCHWING!!!), and I've got to say, the recordings I've pulled with it with the stock mics are pretty fucking impressive, both fidelity and richness-wise...and the variety of the artists (Mastodon/DEP/Red Fang/Guns N Roses/Crystal Method on the heavy end, and the Jayhawks/Tesla acoustic on the lighter side)

as this is clearly the "entry level" model, has anyone used the ones further up the chain (the ones with 4 mics+), and/or what do you think?

just the high end repro vs. the Edirol with the Sonics is really amazing, though I've noticed that the hi-end on the Edirol can be very saccharine at times...still need to test it in a truly acoustic setting, doing Big Bad Voodoo Daddy next week should be another good test of what it can do.

and how it can simultaneously record the mics to one track, and the internals to another, or how you can record a "hot" (near 0db) master on one track and then a -6 to -12db track simultaneously so that you never overload, that's pretty cool.

definitely time to look at new recorders again...and I'm an idiot.

discuss:
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes