View Single Post
Old 2006-02-02, 12:49 PM
Too Big To Fail

Re: Cutting frames from .mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintOfGuinness2
I can't use the capture with Vegas, for some reason it refuses to recognize m camera I tried to fix for hours reinstalled diferent copies of vegas several times no luck. WinDV seems to work real well for me so I'm not to worried about it.

There was a bad copy of Vegas 6.0b that displayed the characteristics you are talking about. Vegas's capture program vidcap6.exe doens't have anything to do with your camera being recognized. If it is recognized in windows or another program as you described it should work. I think you need to get a better copy of Vegas. I haven't heard of any problems with the 6.0c flavor. I use the 6.0b but mine is the working version.

You should render the video and audio separately. Select a loop region so you can do two renders with the exact same length. I make a loop region by pressing "m" at the beg. and end to make markers. Then you can drag your mouse at the top of the screen to make the loop region. It looks like a blue highlited area. Then when you render, click the render loop region only box. Use the NTSC Widescreen DVD Architect template for you video and the windows wave 16 bit 48khz for the audio.

If you have a problem with the audio, you can slide it to lign up better and only render the audio over. If you use the same loop region it will lign up perfectly. Audio renders on my computer in about 30 seconds versus 1.5 hours for the video. A tip for you also. If you want the markers and forgot to check the box for include project markers. You can render the audio with the markers to get them. This will be the fastest option.

It is important to render the audio and video sep. because consumer software is poor at rendering in general. Rendering the audio and video together makes this worse. You will get your best quality by doing it sep. And it makes it easier to fix synch issues.

You might know everything I mentioned above, but I throw it out there just in case. GOOD LUCK. You need to get Vegas working. WinDV is junk BTW.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes