View Single Post
Old 2005-08-10, 03:22 PM
TTD VIP

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Without computer programmers you tapers would still be trading in your smug little elite trading circles, hoarding and feeding the booters who would be charging still be charging the rest of us $40/show for their degraded crap.

Do you even know who RMS is? Vinton Cerf? Bram Cohen?

Your ability to reach so many people and touch them with your work comes from riding on the backs of these guys, and you don't even know it. That smacks of ignorance on your part.

And these guys did far more for music lovers and show collectors around the world then any group of tapers, even a superstar taper from the '70's.

Guy,

Let me say this as clearly as I can so you understand in your first reading:

Fuck Bram Cohen.

And you sure as hell ain't in the same league with Bram, are you? Unless it's in your own mind.

and guygee, to you I say once more, "......and the horse you rode in on........"

Quit calling me "a superstar taper" before I refer to you as the f*cking parasite and leech you are making yourself out to be. I really don't want to do that, y'know........

You somehow think the world owes you something. I sure as hell don't, not even the wind from my ass to cool your soup.

You stick to your end of the hobby and I'll do likewise. (But I notice you did not reply to my assertion that your list includes recordings I made. I know I have none that YOU recorded.)

So stop flogging that dead horse about what RMS and Cerf and Bram did. They ain't you. Get off of their coattails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
And these guys did far more for music lovers and show collectors around the world then any group of tapers, even a superstar taper from the '70's.
No they did more for bootleggers then anyone since the Rubber Dubber.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes