View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 09:40 AM

Re: DVD recorder advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrare View Post
I am pretty sure that DVD recorders have not yet been made which edit out the adverts, but if you buy a decent one with a hard drive its real simple to edit out the adverts before you run the show to disk to archive.
Panasonic DVD recorders seem to the most accurate for editing and they can record in DVD-r DVD-RW and DVD Ram, though I pretty much only use the hard drive, then edit shows before I run them to DVD-R.
I have other DVD recorders by Samsung and Pionner but I prefer that Panasonics (I now have four of them) other people may thing other wise.

The only thing I am not too happy with is using these for is video capture of old tapes, if its a concert I filmed years ago on video 8 or Hi8 they are great for capture via the firewire cable, but I tried to convert some of my 200+ betamax tapes and I thought they were not so hot even though I am using top of the range Beta VCRS in mint condition via expensive AV cables and only doing capture in XP mode.
The tapes are almost 30 years old and look perfect on a 25 inch Sony CRT TV but on a brand new 42 inch plasma they do not look so good, maybe I am being fussy though.
Thanks, your reply is very helpful.

If I can record from the HD to disc, it's perfect.

Do you know if you can create chapters and menus with the DVD recorder, or does that need to be done on the PC?

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes