View Single Post
Old 2005-08-09, 09:37 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

another 2 cents...

i agree with everyone [and i ain't the just-to-be-agreeable type]. but we are in a "new era" folks. computers & checksums & all are *very*different from the days of cassette trading as freezer was talking about. i believe that recordings *being made currently*, enjoy a benefit that the 60s, 70s and 80s tapers didn't have. CHECKSUMS. for the recordings made back in yer days freezer, i have no idea how we deal with the various "versions" of a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
(This is the reason everyone should always archive their audio and video showas on "Data" CDs or "Data" DVDs, then burn seperate to listen/watch).
i couldn't agree with that more...you can go thru a few recent threads and see that that's what i'm always pushing for...lhowever, there are other collectors/traders/tapers who don't see it as much of an issue. I call it the "archivist vs fan" debate. neither are wrong, we just approach from a different viewpoint. i work in film/audio, so "specifics" are integral to my nature. some people just like watching/listening to a good show.

everything in its due time...personally, i think getting people to trade in data format with md5s is far more important than what is in a folder's name--at this current moment in the trading community atleast....then we tackle the details.

personally, i'm just tired of getting shows in either CD Audio format or DVD's in DVD-Video format...no checksums, no info...it sucks but...oh well i haven't offered any resolve with this, but thats just my view on this topic--as a fan, a collector, an archivist, and a taper.